March 18, 2020 Covid-19 Update
To the Patients of Stebbins Dental Studio:
We believe it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize two things: the health and well-being of our patients and team while also playing a constructive role in supporting local health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the Covid-19 virus. We will continue to make decisions with vigilance and courage informed by the latest science based information. We wanted to let you personally know the actions we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus, and the health and well-being of our patients and team:
- Following the guidelines of the American Dental Association, Dr. Stebbins has limited patient care to non-elective treatment for the next three weeks. We plan to return to normal patient care hours on April 6, but this could change with this rapidly evolving situation.
- In our office we have always used universal precautions, which include consistent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer when ungloving and in between patients.
- We have increased the use of disinfectant on all contact surfaces, especially highly touched areas.
- Dr. Stebbins has ordered four Surgically Clean Air Filters for the office. These air filters were developed for the SARS outbreak, and are the best medical grade filters for viruses on the market. They will be in place this week. Check out their website here: https://www.surgicallycleanair.com/
- We will be using a 60 second pre-procedural rinse with hydrogen peroxide mouthwash before every procedure.
- In addition to our normal disinfecting with Cavicide disinfectant, we will be following up with a bleach disinfectant.
- We will be offering patients and family members the option of waiting in their car to decrease time spent in close proximity to other patients. Simply call when you arrive and we will let you know when we are ready to bring you back to the treatment room.
- It is essential that if you are experiencing a fever, flu like symptoms, and/or a cough please do not come into the office. We will be requiring the same from our team members; if we are not feeling well we will be staying home as well.
- We cannot provide you masks for personal use. There is a shortage at this point in the US. To protect our team from aerosols during treatment, our first priority on masks is keeping our team protected.
- Please alert us if you have been traveling or in an area where they are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Remember that individual immune competence is always the rule when it comes to infectious disease processes. While necessary precautions are in order, common sense should always prevail regarding methods to do so. While not intended to be a comprehensive list, keep in mind the following:
- Proper hand washing, hand sanitizing, cough/sneeze into arm (not hand), staying away from compromised or potentially immunologically compromised individuals if you think you may be ill - especially if you are symptomatic (cough, sneeze, fever).
- Getting ample sleep and rest, and drinking ample amounts of water (for many, this means much more than they are used to drinking) and generally staying well-nourished.
As always we are here for all of our patients, as you are family to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or needs!
Dr. Mandy Stebbins and her dental team welcome you to our practice in beautiful Whitefish, MT. We are family-oriented dentists who put the needs of our patients first in all we do. From ensuring you are comfortable throughout your visit to working with you to develop treatment plans appropriate for your specific dental needs, and always emphasizing preventive behaviors, we are here for you.
Since we’re a small practice, we form a team with each patient, and work together to achieve excellent oral health, which leads to a healthy body and mind, as well as a stunning smile.
Some of the dental services offered at Stebbins Dental Studio include:
- Routine exams, checkups, cleanings, and fillings
- Digital X-rays and oral cancer screenings
- Dental implants
- Root canals and oral surgery
- Treatment for gum disease, TMJ-TMD, and sleep apnea
- Pediatric dentistry in a kid-friendly environment
- Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening
- Emergency dental care
At Stebbins Dental Studio, we treat each patient as a member of our family, and offer professional, compassionate, pain-free dental care with gentle hands and warm smiles. We have complimentary consultations for new patients at our Whitefish, MT dental practice, where we welcome patients from Kalispell, Columbia Falls, and throughout the Flathead Valley.
Please call our Whitefish dental office to schedule your consultation and allow us the honor of meeting you and discussing how we can help you reach your dental goals to create a healthy, beautiful smile.